Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Why I Live Here

Census of 2010 show Olathe, Colorado population as 1810. Therein find proof that I am not as dumb as I look. Olathe sits between Delta and Montrose. I live behind the Catholic Churches' playground on South Church Avenue. There are four churches within walking distance from here. There is a ball field just to the east of South 3rd Street. I can take Neo for a run in the park everyday when it's not too hot.
It's July now so today it is too late for a stroll over there.

On a clear day I can see almost to Grand Junction from the highway and all of the Uncompahgre from the butte to Horsefly is exposed.
To the east are the adobes then the Black Canyon of the Gunnison.
In about half an hour I can be here.
...within an hour, the view from Grand Mesa of the Grand Valley.
The Big Cimarron
45 miles from home
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Monticello, Utah Temple
the 61 aimed toward Grand Mesa

For me, anyway, this is the best place I can find for which I feel perfectly suited. 
the end

No comments: