Thursday, August 18, 2022

Microsoft, Tracfone and Straight Talk

 Before last Wednesday, August 10, 2022, my only real problems seemed to be of my own creation. Last week's lessons were made for me. Job ain't got nothing on me now.

Two weeks ago I wrenched my lower back for the umpteenth time. Getting it healed isn't difficult; just time consuming. 

My little calico kitty had a rough go with birthing her first born. She was in labor for almost 36 hours before delivering a still born and the next day (July 31, the same day my father passed away and right in between Thomas' and Michelle's birthdays) she died.

Bad back and all, I buried her out beyond the Trio where Lula has her trail worn into the hard dirt. We were just looking at the site and the ants, stink bugs and other critters are working hard to infiltrate the grounds.

All at the same time my gardens are overrun with the same malfeasance. We planted in the first week in May and the only thing still giving the slightest hint of producing vegetables in the lower garden are a few cucumbers. But I've spent over $200 and 16 loads of water to grow five mounds of cucumbers. I planted peas and beans three times and the malfeasance overtook all plantings.

The upper garden looked really good two months ago. Bugs ate the potatoes and cantaloupe. We had watermelon, squash and zucchinis looking good, too. Now, there's one summer squash out of four hills; three little zucchinis out of four hills; no watermelons from two plantings (they were looking really good last week  before the ants ate them).

The corn isn't looking too bad and I did kill one of the large branches off the cherry tomato  but I got it planted and it looks really good. The other tomato plant in the cage by the Hogan is growing but it drinks five gallons of water every three days. The other tomato plants succumbed to malfeasance, too.

Onions are okay and there are still beets and carrots growing, albeit slowly.

But this is not why I'm here complaining like Job.

When I tried to text President Riggs a week ago Sunday to tell him I couldn't get out of bed because of my back, my phone quit working. So I waited until I could get the phone back on while trying to text Michelle for her birthday on the 1st of August. It still didn't work.

So last Wednesday I tried to update my Straight Talk account online. It said my network wasn't working and I needed to update the account. I got another card, brought it home and tried to add minutes but they wanted me to activate my phone first. When I tried the card, it said they couldn't do it because it's a TracFone. I'm like, duh. I've added minutes on a $45 plan every month for three years with a Straight Talk card over the phone.

So I called TracFone and asked them to activate the phone (970 275-1460) over the phone. I gave them $45 more and they said it would show on the phone as soon as I rebooted it. It didn't.

I spent all of Friday attempting closure but only succeeded in pissing off 7 or 8 Indians in Mumbai.

When I try to call them now, they hang up on me.

Next plan that worked seems so simple - bought a new phone. The Samsung A03e was on sale for $49.95 and it's a nice enough phone for me. The sales clerk at Wally World in Cortez was very helpful. I started to buy the A03e but wanted to make sure I could use it as a TracFone with my TracFone account. See where this is heading?

It doesn't work like that, so I bought the Samsung A03e for Tracfone with a Straight Talk wireless account! Confused yet?

In the beginning, all I wanted to do was reactivate my old phone. When that didn't work I tried to keep my number and add another phone to that number. Right! So now I have a new number on a new phone and neither TracFone or Straight Talk have the foggiest idea what they're doing. For now I have $45 missing off my debit card for a TracFone that doesn't work and a $45 Straight Talk card that Straight Talk won't add to my Straight Talk account on my TracFone.

But my friends are not against me, yet.

When I went into church yesterday for Fast and Testimony Meeting, President Riggs chastised his counselors, (Wesley and me) by way of admonishment. After our meetings we straightened it out. It is embarrassing but I'll survive. This last week's lesson was Job and his heartaches.

I once lost my faith but never came close to cursing God. It's been twenty years since I came to that place where Job did. All I wanted to do was make it all go away. Many of my friends along the path have told me the only reason I couldn't make it go away was because He wouldn't let me.

Another big wind and dirt storm blew threw here this afternoon while I was trying to fix the gardens as best I could. The gardens, like every other thing in my life right now is day to day. I do not know any of the answers as to why God allows good things to happen to the worst of us and bad things to happen to the best of us. I suppose most would say it's a crap shoot. I believe there's a reason for everything and I'm just here for the ride. Have to take the good with the bad; the sweet with the sour; fire and rain; heaven and hell.

So this morning I made the attempt to put all my ducks in order. Tracfone and Straight Talk are still not talking to me. But my phone works fine and I have more than enough sport left in me for another battleground on which to die.

About noon today, after the ping pong phone games, I logged onto this old computer my mother (bless her and dad eternally) left for me. I keep a journal on this PC because it's much easier to type on the keyboard than the laptop, tablet or either phone. Makes sense to me. The file, The Day the World Missed, is nearly 100 pages now. My Office 365 subscription is on all my devices. But somehow, Microsoft hasn't ever heard of Job.

Do you have any idea how hard it is to get Microsoft to fix anything. I think they're almost as inept as the Federal Government. Or it's a toss-up.

I've had to play pin the tail on the dumb asses all day. The only way I can edit my journal is to log onto Microsoft Office 365 (for which I pay $9.99 a month). Well, when I finally figured out how to get it (the file mentioned above) onto One Drive, it has all the functions I want for editing except the one I use on every journal entry at first - The date and time! How freaking difficult can it be to make my file available off line?

It's growing late, and there's still more work needing done online. I have Steve Bannon cued up on Gettr right now. His message Friday at CPAC in Texas is awesome and very timely, too. The Senate passed the "Tax us all more than we can afford and spend it faster than Speedy Gonzalez bill" yesterday while the FBI was preparing to raid President Trump's home in Mar- a - Lago, Florida today.

People, we need to get the tines on our pitchforks sharpened; the empty bottles for the Molotov Cocktails prepared while the price of gas is still below $5 a gallon and invest in millstones for the perverts in D.C. who are trying to take our government away from us.

If we can survive the fascists in power today we can get through to mid-term elections well off enough to correct some of the biggest problems. Fixing 2020 needs to come first!

Washington D.C. is out of control. Our cities are overrun with crime while all the largest metropolitan cities, run by mostly Democrats, have lost control because the cops are too afraid to do their jobs, courts are too lenient and the citizenry hasn't a clue. Firefighters in Seattle are being stoned while trying to do their jobs.  Congress and the interloper have left the border with Mexico wide open and we are in a crisis unparalleled in our history as a nation.

The phony pedophile in the White House wants to change the Supreme Court of the United States into a by-word. And mostly because we have to create a green enough world so snowflakes and rainbows can enjoy living in Lalaland.

And how do we think selling our liberty to a foreign power along with our oil reserves will help US in any way, shape or form? Look what your government has done to the finest military ever known to defend freedom for ourselves and our friends around the globe.

Drug cartels control the southern border while bureaucrats laugh at us because we can't or won't do a thing about it!

I'd have to say the climate looks cooked today. Meanwhile, I'm dumping my waste oil into ant hills here on the Rez. Don't worry. The water table is buried thousands of feet under 30 million years of rocks; some the size of VW Bugs; some a little smaller.

Have a nice night.


No comments: