Friday, March 31, 2023

Help Thou my Unbelief

Douglass Mackey is facing ten years in prison for making fun of Hillary Clinton. He's the one who posted the tweet about voting for Hillary on your phone by texting a number. It was funny. Or, I thought it was.

Last night the grand jury of Alvin Braggs indicted President Trump for process crimes. The indictment is sealed but already NYT is leaking how many counts and so forth. Most of the world is going bonkers.



We took the little black kitty Lula named Jemima to Wally World in East Farmington. The little gray one is still at her place. I'll get him next week and break him in with the mutts. We weren't there more than 45 minutes before some girls smoking pot stopped to check her out. I told them if they picked her up they would have to keep her.

We went to Cortez yesterday for Chinese and groceries. It was our 50th Anniversary. We had fun if it means not much bothers us anymore at our age. I missed the red slug bug but dodged the slug so far. We got Dairy Queen this afternoon and still have a chocolate cake to fit in somehow this weekend.

I've taken my meds; even took a couple extra strength Tylenol awhile ago. I've had a gnawing headache for a month. It has given me some sleepless/sleep - shortened nights and early mornings. I do not need that. But the days are lengthening out and the sun is setting to the north of Three Monkeys now. 



We are entering the week before the final days of our Savior's life almost 2000 years ago. Some people think the end is near. Most of us think it's close but we might might still have a little time to prepare. I think time for preparation is almost over. If you haven't got it yet, you might want to buy some life insurance quickly. I'll pay mine on Monday.


The Farmington New Mexico Temple is coming along very nicely. Next time over I'll bring the camera to get some better shots.

They're building a Welcome Center and a new Stake Center, too. 

So General Conference begins tomorrow morning. We are ready so long as the electricity holds out. Lula paid the bill on the way into town to dump the kitty. I must be doing more here before He returns.


We have work to do with renewing the lease on the church building here in Teec. Lula and I got played like a cheap version of the Keystone Cops Sunday before last. But now we know what needs to be done to get the lease renewed. It's similar to a homesite lease except there is a previous lease we can work from. I have questions about a petition that need answers. So that's my plan for the coming week. I've been in contact with Salt Lake and they have been very helpful.

So, I was on The Conservative Treehouse earlier today and found a piece about fasting and prayer. The lesson was one that we had two weeks ago from Come Follow Me in the New Testament. It was taking on the Savior's yoke so that our loads might be lightened.

I felt prompted to make a journal entry and really had to force myself to make a decision. There are many more things I want to do that are useless than there are things I need to do that aren't. That's how the decision to write again came upon me. I have much more to do in my life and need not delay anymore. Here is the lesson for me today.

Mark 9:14-29

And when he came to his disciples, he saw a great multitude about them, and the scribes questioning with them.

And straightway all the people, when they beheld him, were greatly amazed, and running to him saluted him.

And he asked the scribes, What question ye with them?

And one of the multitude answered and said, Master, I have brought unto thee my son, which hath a dumb spirit;

And wheresoever he taketh him, he teareth him: and he foameth, and gnasheth with his teeth, and pineth away: and I spake to thy disciples that they should cast him out; and they could not.

He answereth him, and saith, O faithless generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him unto me.

And they brought him unto him: and when he saw him, straightway the spirit tare him; and he fell on the ground, and wallowed foaming.

And he asked his father, How long is it ago since this came unto him? And he said, Of a child.

And ofttimes it hath cast him into the fire, and into the waters, to destroy him: but if thou canst do any thing, have compassion on us, and help us.

Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.

And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.

When Jesus saw that the people came running together, he rebuked the foul spirit, saying unto him, Thou dumb and deaf spirit, I charge thee, come out of him, and enter no more into him.

And the spirit cried, and rent him sore, and came out of him: and he was as one dead; insomuch that many said, He is dead.

But Jesus took him by the hand, and lifted him up; and he arose.

And when he was come into the house, his disciples asked him privately, Why could not we cast him out?

And he said unto them, This kind can come forth by nothing, but by prayer and fasting.


Where are the miracles I've been praying for? Never mind. They are here and now. So be it.

No comments: